Advising for Data Science Students
Data Science staff and faculty advise students on a variety of topics and keep in touch with them through regular communication. It is important for students to take advantage of these opportunities so they can be successful in their program. Students have the following mechanisms to connect with program staff and faculty. As the program is evolving, we expect that the information will change so please refer to this page frequently for any updates.
Data Science undergraduate program is currently located in the Computer Science and Engineering Building, EBU 3B, 1st floor, west wing. For general inquiries, please use the following information.
- Phone: 858-534-5435
- Fax: 858-822-3319
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are encouraged to consult the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) so they may find answers to many standard questions.
Students who need accommodation due to disabilities are advised to review the information about OSD Accommodation information.
Data Science program will hold various events to connect with students and provide useful information. Please check the events page for information about upcoming events.
Margaret Zuhlke is the Undergraduate Advisor for the Data Science program. You can connect with her via using the following mechanisms.
- Making a 30-minute scheduled appointment. Please send email to email@example.com or call 858-534-5435 to make an appointment. Appointments are available during
- Tuesdays, 9:00AM -12:00 PM
- Thursday, 1:00-3:30 PM
Be sure to schedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance, and if you are running late or need to reschedule it is expected you call 858-534-5435 as soon as possible.
- Walking in for a 10-15 minute advising session during the following times
- Mondays, 1:00-3:30 PM
- Fridays, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Querying via VAC: Virtual Advising Center. If you have general questions or concerns, please send your query to the Virtual Advising Center and an advisor will respond in 2-3 business days. Only available for UC San Diego students.
- Sending mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The following data science faculty hold office hours for individual advising. Students are expected to show up during the office hours and wait for their turn.
- Mohan Paturi will hold office hours at the following times in room CSE 4246 starting September 25, 2017. Please do not send email.
- Mondays, 9:00-11:00 AM