Data Science Minor
Data Science will be open starting September 28th, 2017. As data science major and minor are new programs, course offerings and class sizes will be limited. Data science majors will have priority in enrolling into data science courses. For these reasons, there is no guarantee that students minoring in data science will be able to enroll in data science courses. We strongly encourage students
- to explore data science by enrolling in DSC 10 (seats are limited) and
- to talk to the data science advising office
before enrolling in the data science minor.
Data Science Minor Requirements
- The following lower-division courses (36 units) are required.
- COGS 9, DSC 10, DSC 20, DSC 30, DSC 80, Math 18, Math 20A, Math 20B, Math 20C
- Students are required to take one course from each of the following five groups of upper-division courses for a total of 20 units.
- MATH 183 or CSE 103 or ECE 109 or MATH 181A (4)
- MATH 189 Exploratory Data Analysis and Inference (4)
- CSE 158 Data Mining (4)
- DSC 170L Data Visualization Laboratory (4) or COGS 108 (Data Science Practice) (4)
- Upper-division Data Science course (4)